omigodicancook!

Uncle Matt’s Cheap and Simple Meals
(For Lame-Assed College Graduates,
Students living off Campus
And other Sorry Souls
Who don’t have a Bleeping Clue
How to Make their Own Dinner)


To Ben, who said he wanted to be a "good cooker, just like my Dad"

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Potato soup


This is cheap, easy and really, really good comfort food
1-2 TBS butter
1 Yukon potato, unpeeled and sliced in 1/4” slices
1 small onion diced
1 can broth
Salt and pepper
Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes until softened.
Add Potato and stir to coat. Add salt and lots of pepper.
Add broth, bring to boil and simmer until potato is cooked and crumbling, about 15 minutes.
Serves 1
My family used to argue about whether the potato should be sliced or diced.
Since this is my blog, I went with sliced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Just a guy who likes to cook. You can email me at mattpowell@princetonretail.com

Followers

Search This Blog